Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The One with the Swamp

I thought about calling this one "The One Where I Exercise Bad Judgment and Wander Around in a Random Swamp," which would be a more appropriate title, but that was just too long. So I will just put a disclaimer. I was bored and feeling hormonal, so I decided to cheer myself up by going to take a few pictures. I had seen this really pretty tree up the street with pink blooms, so I planned for just a short walk to get some pictures of the tree. Since I was planning on a short walk, I didn't bother to change out of my flip flops (and these weren't even my good Rainbows; these were my rubber & cloth SC flops). After I hit up the tree, I decided to scope out the pond for ducks since I had the bigger lens on my camera today, and the pond was only a bit further. As I was at the pond, I noticed a path winding through the swamp. I figured, hey, why not, so I started walking down it. Like I said, probably not the smartest idea for several reasons: a) I'm wearing really flimsy flip flops, b) I don't have my cell and no one knows where I am, c) I don't really even know where I am having never been through this random swamp before, and d) I'm ginormously pregnant. Ignoring all of this, I plow my way through the swamp. It ended up being really awesome and I took about 200 pictures, most of which turned out really great, so either I'm going to have to be really choosy about what I post here, or I'm just going to be posting swamp pictures pretty much every day for the next month. The craziest part of the whole thing was when I got all the way to the end of the path through the swamp and it opened up into this huge, gorgeous pond. I felt like I had wandered into Narnia or something (except post-White-Witch, as it fortunately was not winter there). Anyway, I give you my swamp photos (I promise they are better than that sounds)!



















No comments:

Post a Comment